From the President…
As we look ahead to the holiday season, I encourage members of the University of Toronto community to take a moment to look back on our achievements of the past year:
- More than 16,000 students graduated with U of T degrees
- Two of our students won Rhodes Scholarships
- Record numbers of alumni gathered at events in London, São Paulo, New York City, San Francisco, Ottawa, and Vancouver
- Our researchers continue to lead the world—second only to Harvard—in research productivity and research impact
- Twenty-nine U of T faculty members were honoured by the Royal Society of Canada, including a record twenty-one new fellows
- We have surpassed the three-quarters milestone in our historic Boundless campaign as of mid-December, having raised $1.647 billion of our $2-billion goal
- We opened new state-of-the art facilities, including the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre at UTSC, the Innovation Complex at UTM, and the Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport on the St. George campus
- The University again ranked first in Canada and among the top 20 in the world, in major global university rankings, and as high as first in the world among public institutions
- The University of Toronto maintains its strong commitment to student aid and combines excellence with accessibility more successfully than virtually any university in the world.
The list goes on. This is a magnificent testimony to the talent, dedication, and hard work of our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends. These are your accomplishments, and you deserve to be very proud of them.
I wish you all a happy and restful holiday season.
Meric S. Gertler